Home    About Me    Reviews    My Policy    Contact    Faves    Book Swap    Archive    2012 Reads

Saturday 5 October 2013

Review: My Unexpected Forever - Heidi McLaughlin

My Unexpected Forever (Beaumont, #2)Title: My Unexpected Forever (Beaumont #2)
Author: Heidi McLaughlin
Release Date: September 2nd, 2013
Publisher: Self-pubbed
Age and Genre: Adult, Contemporary, Romance, Family
Pages: 270
Source: bought



I expected a life of music.
I expected to raise my son.
It took one look to make everything change.
I never expected happiness.

I never expected to find her.
I never expected to feel desire.
I never expected I’d be a family man.
I never expected to be loved.
I never expected to fall in love.

They say you should expect the unexpected, I didn’t realize my unexpected would be the forever kind.


I read this back in early September, but I always put off writing the review as there are NO words to describe how much I love this book. There's so many beautiful things about this book that I really just want to tell you all about, but really, I honestly think the best way is for you to go and read and experience all the awesomenes. I rarely cry with books, but with My Unexpected Forever I cried, I laughed, I fell in love with Harrison James and Katelyn Powell and the kids. It was even better than the first book, Forever My Girl and I'm dying for the third!

We met Katelyn and Harrison in book one, I loved them both in the first but they just really stole the show in this one. It's their story, but we do see Liam and Josie still (which was lovely!) Harrison is everything a woman should have in their life. Besides his rough and bad boy exterior, he's a really big softie inside and he's just awesome with Katelyn's kids. I loved their interactions and he's such a great family man! He took care of Quinn and I love how he treats Elle and Peyton the same. If you've read Forever My Girl, you know Katelyn and the twins are having a rough and sad time because of what happened. You can really feel the grief and sadness and hope from them! The flashback scenes with Katelyn and Mason made me cry a lot! She's been with him for forever and she's not sure if she's ready to move on. I really fell for Katelyn, I just can't even begin to imagine what she had to go through. But she's strong, and brave even when she thinks she's the opposite.

The love story was one of the strongest points in this book. Given their pasts and backgrounds, it developed in a really nice and realistic pace. Yes, sometimes you get annoyed at Katelyn for being hot and then cold the next with Harrison, but when you really think about what she had to go through, you'd understand. The scenes was SOOO hot and I had to fan myself a few times.

The kids deserve a paragraph in my review. The twins Peyton and Elle was so cute and awesome and you just want to give them both a hug! I especially felt sorry for Peyton as she was the one closest to her dad. There was this quote in the book where Peyton was saying how Elle was Katelyn's favourite, and she was her dad's, and how now he's gone so she doesn't have anyone. IT KILLED ME. But Harrison was lovely and exactly what they need as a father. Quinn and Noah are also some of the best kids ever! This whole family is just the best, guys.

Of course, this wouldn't be without drama and heartache and there's plenty of that here. The ending was the sweetest thing I ever read and I was more than satisfied and giddy with it! I couldn't be more happy for them! Now I just found out there's going to be a third book (I think with different characters) and let me just say, GIVE ME THE NEXT BOOK NOW.

If you haven't even read Forever My Girl, please do so. This series is one of my all time favourite adult series out there and I have major love for the characters. So much.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...