Home    About Me    Reviews    My Policy    Contact    Faves    Book Swap    Archive    2012 Reads

Thursday 11 July 2013

Review: Star Cursed - Jessica Spotswood

Star Cursed (The Cahill Witch Chronicles, #2)Title:  Star Cursed (The Cahill Witch Chronicles #2)
Author: Jessica Spotswood

Release Date: June 18th 2013

Publisher: Putnam Juvenile

Genres: YA, Historical, Witchcraft

Pages: 384

Source:  Bought


With the Brotherhood persecuting witches like never before, a divided Sisterhood desperately needs Cate to come into her Prophesied powers. And after Cate's friend Sachi is arrested for using magic, a war-thirsty Sister offers to help her find answers—if Cate is willing to endanger everyone she loves.

Cate doesn't want to be a weapon, and she doesn't want to involve her friends and Finn in the Sisterhood's schemes. But when Maura and Tess join the Sisterhood, Maura makes it clear that she'll do whatever it takes to lead the witches to victory. Even if it means sacrifices. Even if it means overthrowing Cate. Even if it means all-out war.

In the highly anticipated sequel to Born Wicked, the Cahill Witch Chronicles continue Cate, Maura and Tess's quest to find love, protect family, and explore their magic against all odds in an alternate history of New England.


I don't normally read a lot of books about witches, though I'm not really sure why. It's not like I don't like them, because I DO. Ahem. Anyway, as I was saying, even though I don't really read a lot about witches, this CAHILL WITCH CHRONICLES series have hooked me right from the very beginning. While I still prefer and love BORN WICKED even more, STAR CURSED is a sequel with everything that you could ever want. High stakes, dangerous witchcraft, forbidden romance, sister rivalries and more. 


I seriously adore Cate. In all honesty, she's my most favourite 'kind' heroine. She's not kickass like Katniss and Tris and all the others, but I found this very refreshing and adorable to read. She's SOOOO kind it's almost painful to read about her because well, I'm not that nice myself lol. She's sweet, responsible, smart and think things through without being boring. She's not boring or whiny, she's everything a heroine should be. She's just trying to be the best sister to Tess and Maura, and to be nice to others even though she doesn't need to be. Even though some girls are so bitchy to her, she always keeps her head held high. I liked that a lot! 

We learn a lot more about Maura and Tess in this sequel too. I love how all sisters all have different personalities without being cliche. I still bloody hate Maura, and want to kill her. Tess is such a sweetheart. Can I just say, that reading this series makes me glad I don't have a sister. Thank GOD! Anyway, all the other characters were very developed and interesting.All of them weren't predictable, you don't know who's good, who's bad, who just betrayed you etc. 

Jessica Spotswood's writing is just perfect, I really don't have anything negative to say about that or the pacing. The prophecy and witchcraft was awesome to read about! Always love me some prophecy :) Revelations and secrets were revealed at just the right time, and HOLY CLIFFHANGER OF DEATH. Now this people, IS a cliffhanger. Prepare to scream at the last page. I honestly couldn't believe it!!!! 

If you haven't read BORN WICKED yet, please please get your damn copy now. Oh, and also add STAR CURSED to that too, you'd want to read it soon after. Just don't kill me when you get to the cliffhanger. :P 





2 comments:

  1. Glad to see it stays good.... I just read a review for the first book and added it to my list, now I need this one too.
    Fab review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the content in this website, are all new things and new lesson for us this very increase knowledge becomes more widely, thank you very much for the information provided.

    obat ginjal mengecil alami
    oobat herbal sirosis hati
    obat herbal benjolan lipoma
    obat radang paru-paru untuk anak
    obat herbal kista bartholin
    pengobatan batu empedu tanapa operasi
    obat herbal penurun gula darah tinggi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...