Home    About Me    Reviews    My Policy    Contact    Faves    Book Swap    Archive    2012 Reads

Saturday 8 June 2013

Review: Faking It - Cora Carmack

Faking It (Losing It, #2)Title: Faking It (Losing It #2)
Author: Cora Carmack
Release Date: June 4th 2013
Publisher: William Morrow and Company
Genres: NA, Contemporary, Romance
Pages: 304
Source: Bought

Mackenzie “Max” Miller has a problem. Her parents have arrived in town for a surprise visit, and if they see her dyed hair, tattoos, and piercings, they just might disown her. Even worse, they’re expecting to meet a nice, wholesome boyfriend, not a guy named Mace who has a neck tattoo and plays in a band. All her lies are about to come crashing down around her, but then she meets Cade.

Cade moved to Philadelphia to act and to leave his problems behind in Texas. So far though, he’s kept the problems and had very little opportunity to take the stage. When Max approaches him in a coffee shop with a crazy request to pretend to be her boyfriend, he agrees to play the part. But when Cade plays the role a little too well, they’re forced to keep the ruse going. And the more they fake the relationship, the more real it begins to feel.


Like most (if not, all) of you guys, I devoured Cora's debut NA Losing It. I absolutely loved that book and found it to be one that stands out from the NA genre. One of the side characters, Cade was my favourite character and I was over the top happy when I found out he would be getting his own book (and happy ending!) This sequel FAKING IT was just as amazing as LOSING IT.

Cade really, really surprised me. He's one of the good guys, and I for one loved him for it. He's charming, sweet, smart and the one that you're parents would just LOVE to meet. He's that perfect gentleman that you just can't help but fall in love with. You know, this proves that nice guys doesn't finish last!

Max, on the other hand, I'm a bit on the fence about. At times I did like her character and how she's a 'bad girl' and doesn't care about what anyone thinks but other times...meh. I don't know. Maybe because I'm so used to the 'good girl, bad boy' story that I just couldn't connect with Max's character, and I admit that at times I found her quite irritating and just unlikeable. :( 

The plot is one that's been done lots of times, but with this case, I just couldn't care less. It was perfect for their story and circumstances, and I wouldn't change a thing of the plot. The characters grew, we get to see some of our leads from Losing It (which was just lovely!). While this is NA, I actually found this to be not quite as explicit as other NAs I've read (I don't have a problem either way).
Cora's writing is one of the best I've ever come across. She just has a way of words that you literally can't put the book down and you guessed it! I devoured this in one sitting and as soon as I finsihed, I missed the characters and want to re-read again! 

I finally found another author to add to my 'faves list' and you can be sure that I'll read anything this author writes! So hey, my name is: Jana and I'm now a lifelong fan of Cora Carmack. :)



 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...