Home    About Me    Reviews    My Policy    Contact    Faves    Book Swap    Archive    2012 Reads

Friday 1 March 2013

Review: Wait For You - J. Lynn (Jennifer L. Armentrout)



Wait for YouTitle: Wait For You
Author: J. Lynn (Jennifer L. Armentrout)
Release Date: March 4th, 2013
Publisher: Self-pubbed
Genres: New Adult, Contemp, Romance
Pages: 332
Source: Bought

Some things are worth waiting for…

Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago—an event that forever changed her life. All she needs to do is make it to her classes on time, make sure the bracelet on her left wrist stays in place, not draw any attention to herself, and maybe—please God—make a few friends, because surely that would be a nice change of pace. The one thing she didn’t need and never planned on was capturing the attention of the one guy who could shatter the precarious future she’s building for herself.

Some things are worth experiencing…

Cameron Hamilton is six feet and three inches of swoon-worthy hotness, complete with a pair of striking blue eyes and a remarkable ability to make her want things she believed were irrevocably stolen from her. She knows she needs to stay away from him, but Cam is freaking everywhere, with his charm, his witty banter, and that damn dimple that’s just so… so lickable. Getting involved with him is dangerous, but when ignoring the simmering tension that sparks whenever they are around each other becomes impossible, he brings out a side of her she never knew existed.

Some things should never be kept quiet…

But when Avery starts receiving threatening emails and phone calls forcing her to face a past she wants silenced, she has no other choice but to acknowledge that someone is refusing to allow her to let go of that night when everything changed. When the devastating truth comes out, will she resurface this time with one less scar? And can Cam be there to help her or will he be dragged down with her?

And some things are worth fighting for…

I'm definitely getting more and more obsessed with New Adult and when I found out Jennifer L. Armentrout (aka my favorite author ever) was writing an NA, I just couldn't help but run around the house and scream and do all kinds of embarassing things. WAIT FOR YOU has got everything you'd want; top-class writing, a very swoon-worthy guy, a strong narrative voice, vivid characters, an engaging plot and a serious issue handled beautifully. Now I want all of you (if you haven't already) to buy this and then thank me later. :)

FYI, I would never, ever look at cookies the same way ever again. Thanks, Jen. ;P
 
To all those peeps who've said that Cam is better than Daemon or Aiden or insert-JLA-guy-here and I screamed and threw something at you, I would like to apologize because OH MY GOSH YOU ARE SO RIGHT! At first, I didn't want to believe it and was like 'Please. No one EVER can replace my Daemon. Nuh uh.' But oh NO. Cameron Hamilton just pushed them right out and now I want my own Cam! Cam is just so sweet, cocky, arrogant, thoughtful, and basically everything that you'd want in a guy. He cooks Avery breakfast, he bakes cookies(!) and he goes star-gazing with you. He's a reformed bad boy and I loved how he was so persistent and truly cares for Avery. Oh, and I adored his family! They were so nice and welcoming and everything. (Speaking of, I was sooo over the moon when Cam's family was really loving and just genuinely really nice people - I'm so tired of all the books where the love interest's family are such posh bitches and are heartless.) Go Hamiltons!

Gosh, I adored Avery! She's one of the strongest people out there. Let me tell you now, if that has happened to me, I would have gone batshit crazy and depressed and in a mental hospital by now. Because of what has happened to her, she's got trust issues and is very closed off but throughout the book, she begins to finally let go and stop running. She can be selfish, but she's also one of the most loyal, independent person and I just loved reading about her.

Since JLA is the queen of sexual tension, can you expect anything else from WAIT FOR YOU? Of course not! I loved how Avery and Cam's relationship grew from friendship to love in a very steady pace and guys, I was fanning myself over here when they haven't even kissed yet! That's how hot this book is. LOL. The sexy times were all done brilliantly and appropriately, which can't be said to some other NA books that I've read. The two main character's relationship are a healthy one, yay!

About what had happened to Avery, you can kinda guess some of what happened in the summary and the first few chapters alone, and I wasn't surprised at what had happened when it was all finally revealed. The subject matter is a sentitive one and while I usually don't like reading about that, I didn't feel uncomfortable with this one and it was just handled really maturely and beautifully. It's a realistic topic that I know happens a lot unforetunately and something people need to do something about because it's not right. (spoiler: I HATED Avery's parents. And a certain person whose name begins with a 'B')

This is definitely one of the best New Adult out there and focuses on really real, college stuff that real people deal with. Besides that, Jen also created a fantastic cast which you just can't help but laugh and giggle at. Hanging out with Jacob, Brittany, Ollie (yum), Jase (double yum) and Teresa means you will never get bored. Trust me.

I don't really have anything bad to say about WAIT FOR YOU other than the editing errors. I noticed a few people mentioned it and I agree about the errors. There were quite a few and while it wasn't too much or too big of mistakes, I noticed them but thankfully that didn't distract me from the story.

This book was so ah-ma-zing that straight after I've finished, I immediately went back to the first chapter and started all over again. I didn't want to let go of the characters and I actually regret reading this so fast since I wanted time to really devour it!

Even though this doesn't have the most original or unique plot, Jennifer still manages to capture you with her exceptionally witty writing style and her very lovable characters. I'm so looking forward to her (maybe) companion novels because quite frankly, I really don't want to let go of this cast of characters just yet. I think Wait For You is her best work yet and you'd be damn crazy not to buy and read this. WAIT FOR YOU has definitely earned a spot in my favourites shelf. :)


 

4 comments:

  1. OMG!! I'm going to buy this right now!!! :D
    I LOVE NA and everything about it seems just great. The subject sounds really unusual and interesting.
    Fab review!!! I love your blog <3

    Sapir @ Diary of a Wimpy Teen Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!! Thank you, Sapir!

      I hope you enjoy Wait For You and let me know what you think! :D

      Delete
  2. What exactly happened to Avery? In the book, it says that she is still a virgin but that she was harrassed in a different way. I might be missing a major concept here, but I'm completely clueless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This story grabbed me. At times funny & others heartbreaking, it's a well-told story. Quite a bit of spelling and grammatical errors, but as a whole, a very good story. I'd definitely recommend it. I love Cam!
    Arizona Pet Shipping site info

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...