Home    About Me    Reviews    My Policy    Contact    Faves    Book Swap    Archive    2012 Reads

Wednesday 26 September 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (28)

The Art of Wishing
by Lindsay Ribar

The Art of Wishing
March 21st 2013
~ Dial Books ~

He can grant her wishes, but only she can save his life.

Margo McKenna has a plan of attack for everything, from landing the lead in her high school musical to dealing with her increasingly absent parents. But when she finds herself in possession of a genie's ring and the opportunity to make three wishes, she doesn't know what to do. Especially since Oliver--not blue-skinned, not bottle-dwelling, but a genie nonetheless--can see more than what she's willing to show him. With one peek into her mind, he can see the wishes that even Margo herself doesn't know she wants.

But Oliver comes with more than just mind-reading abilities, a flair for magic, and the prettiest eyes Margo's ever seen. Someone from his past is hunting him--someone bent on killing him, along with all the other genies in the world, for the sake of honor. And as Margo soon discovers, it will take more than three wishes to save him.

A whole lot more.

Add to Goodreads


One word - GENIES. OMG guys I'm hoping this will be one of YA's new trends. I love genies and there's so much you can do with the whole thing. I'm SO so excited for this and adore the title - THE ART OF WISHING. Sounds perfect and sweet! :)

Cover Thoughts: 
Gotta admit I wasn't a fan of this cover before but it's growing on me. I love the font style and everything, but it just screams CONTEMPORARY at me. Which I don't really like since you have genies here. :/ Overall, I love the colour scheme but I wish they had chosen a more magical cover. 

So what are YOU waiting for this week? I can tell you - OPAL. To be honest I was going to do a WOW on Opal but I think EVERYONE is waiting on that one so I decided to pick one that won't come out til next year :P

3 comments:

  1. I've never read a genie book before! This one sounds awesome though. I really like that the genie is not just some ploy for the MC to realize what she 'really' wants but that it looks like he gets his own plotline! Thanks for pointing this one out to me :)

    My WoW pick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for the WoW pick! You made my day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...