Home    About Me    Reviews    My Policy    Contact    Faves    Book Swap    Archive    2012 Reads

Tuesday 28 August 2012

Review: Demons of the Sun - Cindi Madsen

Author: Cindi Madsen
Release Date: September 4th 2012
Genre: Young Adult, Paranormal, Greek Mythology
Publisher: Crescent Moon Press
Pages: Unknown
Source: ARC (provided by the author - thank you!!)

Persephone didn’t ask to be the guardian of Hades Dagger, an artifact Hades forged to turn demons into daywalkers. She didn’t ask for the demon blood running through her veins that allows her to touch the thing, either.And she definitely didn’t ask for Jax, a cocky Warrior, to barge into her life and proclaim himself her bodyguard now that Hades wants his dagger back.

Forced to deal with this reality, along with an increase in demon attacks, and the fact members of the Order of Zeus keep turning up dead, Persephone finds her hands full.

When demons tell Persephone that she’s one of them she’s appalled... And a little intoxicated by the power she feels when they call her their queen. Telling Jax about her demon side might turn him away from her forever...

Something bad is brewing, and if Persephone doesn’t figure out a solution, and soon she’ll be responsible for unleashing Hell on Earth.
.

Before I start gushing about this SPPECCTACULLARR book, let me just say thank you to author Cindi Madsen for providing me a review copy. Yay! I was looking forward to this book and I couldn't believe my luck when she said she can provide a review copy for me. Thank you thank you thank you!! :D (Totally made my day, guys!)

Anyway, I had some pretty big expectations for DEMONS OF THE SUN. You all know how I'm so obsessed with greek mythology and romance and kick-butt heroines. And luckily, this debut book by Cindi certainly didn't disappoint. In fact, it exceeded it and more! This had everything I love in a book. Woot wooot!!

I loved Persephone. Such a kick ass character and what I most loved about her is her stubbornness. Yeah, sometimes you just want to kick some sense into her, but you understand her actions and damn you feel so sorry for all that she had lost. This girl has some major flaws: she can be downright mean and bitchy. But I guess that made her more interesting, in my opinion. Well to be honest, if I was her (protecting something like that), I'd probably end up a whole lot worse.So I can't really blame her :P Oh and before I forget, I just can't get over the fact that P plays some sport. Seriously. YES YES YES. Finally a girl who plays football/soccer in a YA book!!

Jax is defnitely my new book boyfriend. This sexy warrior is just SO cocky. And sweet and caring and snarky. Basically, my dream guy. At the end of the book, he is nothing like what the guy we met at the beginning. His character growth and development (along with Persephone) was amazing. Obviously, I have to mention the other characters. Well, Dean and Danielle (Persephone's best friends) added some very much light tone to the story. Which I thought was good. And I really loved them too as her friends. 

Now, this book is heavy on the romance. And you guys KNOW how much I love 'em type of books. The chemistry between Persephone and Jax was WHOA. Seriously, it was freaking sizzling. Their fighting and banter was my favourite, and OMG I just love them so much as a couple. Need more Persephone and Jax, please!

The plot, while slow at parts especially the near the end, still contains the perfect amount of action and romance. I couldn't stop reading this; couldn't put it down for the life of me. I don't really want to say anything about the story (since it'll be full of spoilers) but what I can tell you is that you wouldn't see some stuff coming. Why some are predictable (especially who someone really is), this book overall definitely surprised me. In a very good way! :)  

Overall, I would highly highly recommend this to greek myth lovers (like moi), peeps who love snarky characters and umm a whole lot of chemistry. I can't wait to read more of Cindi's work and definitely will read anything she writes. 


Thank you so much to author Cindi Madsen for providing me a review copy! :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...