Home    About Me    Reviews    My Policy    Contact    Faves    Book Swap    Archive    2012 Reads

Friday 20 July 2012

New blog look! (and umm..Greek Mythology)

Hey guys!

SO. My blog got a make-over! Isn't it gorgeous?! I love it so much. It was designed by the amazing and super-talented Katie from Sophistikatied and K.D. Designs. If you guys are in need of any design, she's the girl to ask!

Anyway, here's some 'facts' about my new blog design:
- It's purple because that's my favourite colour. Hmm. Maybe. 
- It's got a goddess 'cause I *am* a goddess. Hee hee. 
- My favourite bit is the swirly thingy coming out of the book and the goddess. :) 
- AND, you might have noticed that it's got a greek influence. with the pattern thingy, the font etc. That's because I'm a huge fan of Greek Mythology. And I know and read only a few on them in YA. 


SO HERE'S MY YA BOOKS with Greek Mythology/Retellings




Covenant series by Jennifer L. Armentrout. I think everyone have heard of this series. I love this. It's probably my favourite series of all time (it's a toss up between Lux and this) after reading the third book Deity. There will be 7 total (5 books, 2 novellas). Here they are in order = Daimon (prequel novella), Half-Blood, Pure (my review), Deity (review coming Nov. 1st), Elixir (Aiden POV novella), Apollyon, and Sentinel. Don't you just love the covers, too? If you like strong heroines, heavy romance *swoon* and greek myths - then you'll devour the Covenant series.                                                       




Abandon trilogy by Meg Cabot. I haven't started on this series yet, but I've got the first book Abandon on my shelf. I tried to read 100 pages of it but I didn't like the writing/characters. I *might* pick it up soon. Or maybe not. I've heard some very mix reviews for this series so I'm not sure. But the summary looked awesome (SHAME) and it's a retelling of the Underworld.                                                      


Everneath trilogy by Brodi Ashton. I'm not sure if this series counts, but it does have the Underworld in it. I HAVE read Everneath and really liked it ( read my review). And I'm really anticipating the sequel Everbound. Gosh both dresses on the cover SO SO PRETTY. I want. Also it's got a love triangle (but one of them's a dickhead) and I'm in love with Jack. The main character Nikki is a bit annoying but not overly so that I couldn't read on.

So guys, that's it. I really don't know that many YA books with greek mythology/retellings. If you know any more (and want me to add it to this blog post), just let me know in the comments! :D I would really appreciate it. In the meantime, I'll tell you who my favourite goddess is =  it's Artemis! The goddess of the hunt and wilderness (among other things). She's my favourite coz she can kick ass AND carries a bow and arrow. WIN.


5 comments:

  1. Wow, the blog is look very pretty indeed! The whole Greek and goddess look is stunning! And I'm gonna check out some of the books you mentioned - they all look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *'looks very' not 'is look very' sorry about that :S

      Delete
    2. Yay! Thank you Beverley!! Please please please check out the Covenant series - you'll love it!! :D

      Delete
  2. Oohh I love this new look! I love how you got the Greek patterns and an actual goddess to be on the layout. :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...