Home    About Me    Reviews    My Policy    Contact    Faves    Book Swap    Archive    2012 Reads

Thursday 22 March 2012

Review: Perception - Kim Harrington

Author: Kim Harrington
Release Date: March 1st 2012
Publisher: Scholastic Print
Source: Bought (Kindle)

When you can see things others can't, what do you do when someone's watching you?

Everybody knows about Clarity "Clare" Fern. She's the psychic girl in school, the one who can place her hands on something and see hidden visions from the past.

Only Clare would rather not be a celebrity. She prefers hanging back, observing. Her gift is not a game to her.

But then someone starts playing with her head . . . and heart. Messages and gifts from a secret admirer crop up everywhere Clare turns. Could they be from Gabriel, the gorgeous boy who gets Clare's pulse racing? Or from Justin, Clare's hopeful ex-boyfriend who'd do anything to win her back?

One thing is certain. Clare needs to solve this mystery, and soon. Because the messages are becoming sinister, and a girl in town has suddenly disappeared.

I love Clarity (Clare) and I have to admit she's one of my favourite protagonist ever.She's so relatable, and her feelings were just so real. She talks, acts and feel like a real teenager. She's only a year older than me (I think she's 16?) so I know (kinda) how a  'real' teenager thinks.

There's only a few books out there that I enjoyed the love triangle. And thank God Clarity series is one of them. Both of these guys that love Clare are really good guys, but total opposites. I think I'm in the minority here, but I wanted Justin to end up with Clare, both in Clarity and in this. Though, I do like Gabriel too, but in some cases he fell a bit flat for me. 

I loved her brother Perrywinkle (Perry) so much! I was a bit disheartened that he wasn't much in this book, but I thought he was a very interesting (not to mention HOT) character. Numerous times I felt sorry for him for what happened in the last book. 

The mystery was just spot on! I love YA mysteries, and I read both books (Clarity and Perception) in just one sitting because I couldn't wait to find out who the real killer was! As usual, since I'm so rubbish at guessing stuff, I didn't guessed who it was correctly! But I think that was what made it fun...

I was quite disappointed with the ending. I thought it ended too abrupt, and I would have preferred a more 'stronger' closure. For instance, I would have liked to see Clare talking to the one guy she didn't pick and tell her about the secret that she discovered about what truly happened THAT night (People that have read Clarity and Perception will know who and what I'm talking about, I hope!). I felt like the ending came together so easily.I know this is the end of the two-book series, but!

Overall, if you haven't read Clarity, then please I am begging you to do so! Clarity and Perception are an example of a great YA mystery thriller that will leave you breathless and satisfied at the same time!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...